Wellness & Support

By living in Graduate House, residents have access to support within the building, on campus, and throughout the Toronto community. If you are in need of support, contact your Residence Advisor. 

In Residence

At Graduate House we have an around-the-clock commitment to our residents’ well-being. You can get in touch with a Graduate House Residence Advisor, trained in responding to personal, mental health, first aid, and maintenance emergencies, by calling the RA On Call Phone: (416) 800-6068. Press 2 at any time to get through to an RA.

Residence Advisors

Residence Advisors are graduate students that live with you in residence, and they have first-hand experience of the highs and lows of graduate life. Residence Advisors are trained in Emergency First Aid and mental health crisis response. Talk to your RA when you need:

  • Support transitioning to campus and graduate life
  • Emergency assistance, including mental health crisis, for yourself or a friend
  • Help meeting others in the community

Assistant Dean

The Assistant Dean is a full-time professional staff, who lives in the building and is on-call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

The Assistant Dean is trained to support you with any level of emergency, including mental health support. You can meet with the Assistant Dean for any reason at all:

  • If you need support gaining access to resources on campus
  • If you are finding yourself struggling to maintain balance and self-care
  • If you feel unsafe for any reason at all

On Campus

UofT has an extensive range of student services, clubs, and partnerships that can offer a multitude of forms of support. From career counselling, psychotherapy, chaplaincy (religious- or faith-based counselling), to immigration law, there is someone at UofT waiting to help you.

Health & Wellness Centre


Confidential mental health and physical health services provided by an interdisciplinary team of health professionals.

Community Safety Office


The Community Safety Office responds to students, staff, and faculty members of the University of Toronto community who have personal safety concerns.

Discovery Pharmacy


The Discovery Pharmacy at U of T´s dedicated campus pharmacy, providing health services to the U of T community. You can get your prescriptions filled, schedule private appointments with a pharmacist to ask questions about your medication, get help navigating health insurance plans, and get connected to other services on and off campus.

Sexual Violence Prevention & Support Centre


The Sexual Violence Prevention and Support Centre is here to help and support students, staff and faculty at the University of Toronto who have been affected by sexual violence or sexual harassment.

Toronto Community

Toronto is a world class city with services and programs that offer a range of supports. If you are looking for a referral to any not-for-profit program offered in Toronto, you can call 2-1-1 anytime and speak to a referral expert.

Don’t forget, no matter what supports you’re looking for, you can always contact your RA or the RA On Call, and they can help you get the help you need.

Assaulted Women’s Helpline


For more than 25 years, the Assaulted Women’s Helpline has served as a free, anonymous and confidential 24-hour telephone and TTY crisis telephone line to all women in the province of Ontario who have experienced any form of abuse.



The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) is Canada’s largest mental health teaching hospital and one of the world’s leading research centres in its field. CAMH is fully affiliated with the University of Toronto and is a Pan American Health Organization/World Health Organization Collaborating Centre.

Distress Centre

416-408-HELP (4357)

The Distress Centre offers access to emotional support from the safety and security of the closest telephone. Callers’ issues can include problems related to domestic violence, social isolation, suicide, addictions, mental and physical health concerns. The Distress Centre offers emotional support, crisis intervention, suicide prevention and linkage to emergency help when necessary.

Gerstein Centre


The Gersein Centre provides crisis intervention to adults, living in the City of Toronto, who experience mental health problems. The service has three aspects; telephone support, community visits and a ten-bed, short-stay residence. All three aspects of the service are accessed through the crisis line.



Good2Talk is a free, confidential helpline for post-secondary students in Ontario. By calling Good2Talk, students can receive information and referrals about services and supports for mental health, addictions and well-being on and off campus or speak anonymously with a professional counsellor.

Hope for Wellness Help Line


The Hope for Wellness Help Line offers immediate mental health counselling and crisis intervention to all Indigenous peoples across Canada.

My SSP for International Students

1-844-451-9700 Outside of North America: 001-416-380-6578.

Culturally-competent mental health and counselling services in 146 languages for international student use.